The course, divided into six parts, will provide learners with a better understanding of the concept of legal liability and how legislation regulates and enforces it.
By the end of the course, the successful learner will be able to:
- legal terminology
- driving forces for legal compliance
- criminal and civil liability (Common Law)
- case studies
- COID Act (case law)
- delict recovery of damages
- indemnity agreements
- the OHS Act and legislative criminal liability
- employers’ duties
- duties of: manufacturers; client; agent; designer; principal contractor and contractor.
- inspectors’ powers and investigation/inquiries
- environmental law
- corporate governance
- legal compliance strategy.